Shielded metal arc welding of 18%Cr-12%Ni-2%Mo stainless steel such as SUS316.
Characteristics on usage
- NC-36 and HIMELT-316 are lime-titania type electrodes, and HIMELT-316 makes higher welding efficiency by higher amperage.
- As the weld metals contain proper quantity of ferrite in austenitic structure, the crack resistibility is excellent.
- Especially the corrosion resistance against diluted sulfuric acid is excellent.
- The mechanical properties of the weld metals at elevated temperatures are superior to NC-38.
- Heat resistibility and corrosion resistibility of the weld metals are excellent in as-welded