- Shielded metal arc welding of dissimilar metals such as stainless steel to carbon steel or low alloy steel.
- Under layer welding of the cladded side groove of SUS304L clad steel, or of 308L weld overlaying onto carbon steel or low alloy steel.
Characteristics on usage
- NC-39L and HIMELT-309L are lime-titania type electrodes, and HIMELT-309L makes higher efficiency by higher amperage.
- As the weld metals contain larger quantity of ferrite in austenitic structure, the weld ability is good.
- They provide good corrosion resistibility and good heat resistibility in as-welded condition.
- They are suitable where the dilution by base metal carbon steel or low alloy steel is considerable.