Shielded metal arc welding of mild and 490N/mm² high tensile steels in ships, bridges, buildings and pressure vessels.
Characteristics on usage
- LB-52 is the most widely used low hydrogen type covered electrode for all-position welding of 490N/mm² high tensile steel.
- X-ray soundness and mechanical properties of the weld metal are excellent.
- The usability such as arc smoothness, slag removal and bead appearance are good.
Notes on usage
- Dry the electrodes at 300-350°C for 30-60 minutes before use.
- Take the back step method or strike the arc on a small steel plate prepared for this particular purpose to prevent blowholes at the arc starting.
- Keep the arc as short as possible.