Shielded metal arc welding of general heavy structural steels for ships, buildings, bridges and pressure vessels made of mild steel. For welding of heavy-duty structures and heavy plates.
Characteristics on usage
- LB-26 is a low hydrogen type covered electrode containing iron powder in its coating so that the welding efficiency can be improved.
- The weld metal provides good X-ray soundness and mechanical properties.
- The welding in all positions can be easily done with the good usability of stable arc, good slag removability and good bead appearance.
Notes on usage
- Dry the electrodes at 300-350°C for 30-60 minutes before use.
- Take the back step method or strike the arc on a small steel plate prepared to prevent blowholes at the arc starting.
- Keep the arc as short as possible.