- Shielded metal arc welding of 22%Cr-12%Ni steel such as SUS309S.
- Welding of dissimilar metals such as stainless steel and carbon steel or low alloy steel.
Characteristics on usage
- NC-39 and HIMELT-309 are lime-titania type electrodes, and HIMELT-309 makes higher welding efficiency by higher amperage.
- As the weld metals contain larger quantity of ferrite in austenitic structure, the weld ability is good and they provide good corrosion resistibility and good heat resistibility in as-welded condition.
- As the weld metals contain much quantity of alloying elements and have stable austenitic structure, they are suitable where the dilution by a base metal of carbon steel or low alloy steel is considerable.