One-side shielded metal arc welding of pipes and general butt joints of mild steel and 490N/mm² high tensile steel. For one-side welding.
Characteristics on usage
- LB-52U is a low hydrogen type covered electrode for exclusive use for one side welding of pipes and general structures.
- Its arc stability is extremely good to perform one-side welding with relatively low currents.
- LB-52U provides good slag removability and smooth weld beads.
Notes on usage
- Dry the electrodes at 300-350°C for 30-60 minutes before use.
- Reverse side bead with good appearance is obtained with proper current and optimum root gap.
- Cut off the arc after setting the crater to the sidewall of the groove to avoid crater cracks.
- Strike the arc on a small steel plate prepared for this purpose or on the sidewall of the groove to prevent blowholes at the arc starting.
- Keep the arc as short as possible.